Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Salam Terakhir Seorang Blogger


TORONTO: A Canadian man who blogged about his battle with colorectal cancer left a final post before he died - a message that drew millions of hits.

A day after Derek Miller, 41, died in Burnaby, British Columbia, of complications from cancer, a message entitled "The Last Post" was posted on his site penmachine.com.

"Here it is. I'm dead, and this is my last post to my blog. In advance, I asked that once my body finally shut down from the punishments of my cancer, then my family and friends publish this prepared message I wrote the first part of the process of turning this from an active website to an archive," read the post.

Miller, who been blogging for 10 years, had been one of the best known bloggers in British Columbia. He was diagnosed with stage four metastatic colorectal cancer in 2007.

Miller wore many hats in his lifetime. He had a marine biologist degree, but had worked as a writer and editor since the 1980s. He was also a musician and photographer.

In his blog's bio section, he wrote that he discovered his cancer was terminal late in 2010 and that he expected it to kill him sometime in 2011 or early 2012.

The father of two tween girls blogged about everything from getting his voice back to sipping cherry cola at 3am in his hospital bed to his realisation that death is impending. - AP


No comments:

Post a Comment

kalau rasa menyusahkan jangan komen ;)